Dog Friendly Cottage Holidays in Cornwall
Dog Friendly Cottage in Cornwall
Cornwall is a wonderful place to bring dogs on holiday, and there is no better way to enjoy a holiday or short break with your dog than by staying in luxury self-catering holiday cottages that allows dogs. Rookys Nook is a truly dog friendly cottage, and perfect for any couple looking for a one bedroom cottage in North Cornwall that welcomes dogs. Located near the coast, with a large private enclosed rear garden, plus the use of a 4 acre field at the back of the cottage for walking your dog, this dog friendly holiday accommodation is ideally located to easily allow you to get and about exploring many wonderful dog friendly places, walks and beaches throughout Cornwall and make the most of your holiday with your dog.
Dog friendly walks in North Cornwall, near Rookys Nook:
There are a variety of local footpaths in and around Trewalder where you do not need your car and can get out and explore local woods and farm land with your dog, including a walk around the top of the 600 year old slate quarry at Delabole, where the pit plunges 400 feet down into solid rock and measures a mile and a half in circumference, and where you can enjoy great views across the Allen Valley to Rough Tor.
Dog friendly Coastal Walks, and Beaches that welcome Dogs in Cornwall:
The magnificent North Cornwall coast with many scenic coastal footpaths and dog friendly beaches (Trebarwith Strand, Tregardock, Daymer Bay) are all nearby. See Dog-friendly beaches in Cornwall for further details, including the Cornish beaches with a dog ban between Easter and 1st of October.
Dog friendly Walks Inland in North Cornwall:
If you fancy a change from the coast, venture inland and discover great walks across Bodmin Moor with fantastic views from the top of Rough Tor. You will need to keep your dog on a lead so as not to disturb local livestock, but this should not deter you from exploring local landmarks on foot.
Dog friendly Historic Houses in North Cornwall:
Including Pencarrow and Lanhydrock (near Bodmin), and Prideaux Place (Padstow), where you can wonder through their large gardens and woodland with your dog.
Dog friendly Pubs and Restaurants in North Cornwall:
Local favourites include The Port William, Trebarwith Strand (with great sea views), and The St Kew Inn, at St Kew, (where you can sit outside in their pub garden in the summer months, or inside in the bar, often beside a roaring fire in the winter months). See Rookys Nook Blog for more information about local dog friendly pubs in North Cornwall.
Dog friendly Gardens in Cornwall:
Including Boconnoc (Lostwithiel), Trebah (near Falmouth), Trelissick (Feock near Truro), Caerhays Castle (St Austell), Burncoose (Redruth) all making a fantastic dog-friendly day out with your favourite 4-legged friend!
Self-Catering Holiday Cottage for Two Dogs Welcome
Dog friendly Holiday Cottage “Dos and Don’ts”
- Please remember to bring your dogs favourite bedding, towels, toys, and dog leads so that they feel at home whilst on holiday with you.
- Please do not let your dog upstairs in the bedroom and bathroom, or let your dog sit or climb over the furniture.
- Please avoid leaving your dog alone in the cottage, or garden, as this could stress your dog, and cause damage to the property.
- Please always clear up after your dog, making sure the cottage and garden are clean and tidy before you leave.
- 2 dogs are welcome if they are friendly, sociable and well behaved dogs. Please include their full details (dogs name, breed, and age) with your holiday booking request.
- Checklist for Dog-Friendly Holidays to help ensure both you and your dog have a great holiday in Cornwall.
There is an additional charge of £25.00 per dog per booking.